Re: Who Killed the Australopithecines?

JoeBeaver (joebeaver@aol.com)
20 Apr 1995 22:41:11 -0400

BARD writes:

> Nicely put....
>

> Yet you go brashly on to proclaim that A. species' demise was
>caused
> by natural extinction...
>

> Where is your *EVIDENCE* to support this hypothesis?
>

> BARD

Read my post again. You'll find that I did not make any such
proclamation. Nonetheless, I do support such a hypothesis. Why? Ever
heard of Occam's Razor?
To argue by analogy, it is more reasonable to state that homicide is
the exception to the rule of "natural" death. It is more reasonable to
assume that genocide is the exception to the rule of "natural" extinction.
That being the case, we assume that all extinctions are "natural" unless
confronted with evidence to the contrary.
By the way, you will have noticed my placing of the word natural in
quotes. This is because I do not believe that anything can be considered
"unnatural." The word has no meaning. I took it as intended, however.

Joe Beaver