Re: pre - afarensis find?

Jim Foley (jimf@vangelis.FtCollins.NCR.com)
13 Apr 1995 15:31:28 GMT

In article <3meso5$16t@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
LCountry <lcountry@aol.com> wrote:

>I have "heard" there have been additional fossils recovered since these
>articles appeared that may have included some of the elusive diagnostic
>skeletal features such as the pelvis of a young male? Unfortunately, I
>have not seen nor heard of any "offical" report on these latest finds.
>Perhaps someone else can add further to this.
>
>L. Countryman

Someone said on this group a couple of months back that the Jan 26
Nature had a tease article on the discovery of a new skeleton which is
about 45% complete, i.e. more complete than Lucy. I presume it is
supposed to be from A.ramidus.

--
Jim Foley Symbios Logic, Fort Collins
Jim.Foley@symbios.com (303) 223-5100 x9765