Re: DISCOVER/Neanderthal/Homo Sap.

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
7 Sep 1995 16:32:22 -0400

jamshreeve@aol.com (JamShreeve) writes:

>The analogy with diverse dog breeds that can all reproduce is a little
>strange. It doesn't really matter that there is so much morphological
>difference between a Beagle and a Greyhound, because their "mate
>recognition system" is not based on visual stimulation to begin with. As

1) we are told that only racists imply that highly evolved creatures
such as humans behave in a wired-instinctive mode such as dogs.

2) it's not the mate recognition system we are concerned with.

3) Humans are screwing sheep in the 20th century and it's strange
to hear people make humanoids 50,000--100,000 years ago behave
like well-bred middle class city folk.

--

Regards, Mark

http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey