Re: Creation or Evolution? You Decide :)

Bob Casanova (casanova@crosslink.net)
Tue, 01 Oct 96 00:21:02 GMT

In article <myers-2909962241560001@netnews.netaxs.com>, myers@netaxs.com (Paul Myers) wrote:
>In article <52m6pe$hn8$1@kronos.crosslink.net>, casanova@crosslink.net
>(Bob Casanova) wrote:
>
>> In article <52ktk0$q4t@mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
>billyjack6@aol.com wrote:
>> >Creation vs. Evolution
>> >What is the Better Explanation?
>> >

>> > Hi. My name is Bill Morgan. I am a Registered Mechanical Engineer
>> >and I love science and learning about science. I have been studying
>> >the Creation vs. Evolution for several years and have made this text
>> >file to present a clear, easy to understand case for Creation. This
>> >case for Creation will be built using science.
>>
>> From one engineer to another (?): "Thanks for helping to perpetuate the myth
>> of the "scientifically-clueless" engineer."
>>
>> <balance of often-refuted "evidence" snipped.>
>>

>Yeah, it's a shame, isn't it? Maybe engineering schools ought to require
>a bit more background in logic and the scientific method -- I have nothing
>but respect for most engineers, but the curricula sure seem to let a number
>of grade-A genuine clueless bozos slip through!

Well, I can't argue about the lack of formal logic courses in the curriculum
(at least at JHU), but, dammit, I was taught the scientific method starting in
junior high (*that* should date me ;-)), and I can't see why it seems to be
abandoned by some bozos whenever religion is mentioned. The two have *nothing*
in common; one is about evidence, the other about faith. As a matter of fact,
it's my personal position that any creationist who needs to fabricate
"evidence" for his position *has* no faith, no matter how loudly his claims to
the contrary.

(There, I feel *much* better. Can't tell this is one of my pet peeves, can
you?)

Bob C.

"No one's life, liberty or property is safe while
the legislature is in session." - Mark Twain