Re: lions, chimps and sticks

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
19 Oct 1995 17:10:54 -0400

rtravsky@UWYO.EDU (Rich Travsky) writes:

>>won't scare them and won't work as a defense.
>They learn after being hit. Even my cat has acomplished that.

yeah, the 3-foot wimps went around teaching all the predators
to fear them because...

Maybe you are saying that they were so smart they started to
carry rocks around with them all the time and hence they all
had to be bipedal. So now we're down to rock-carrying from
tool-maker, yet the SST still survives.

>Zoo patrons - pelted by feces and food scraps - would differ with this.

You seem to be good at deliberate misunderstanding. Back before firearms
became more accurate soldiers were trained only to shoot in the
direction of the other army which was massed so that it too could
practice mass volleys. Naturally you didn't have to be a good
shot to hit anything because there were too many soldiers to
miss.

>association. Kids are another source of "pelting". Animals can
>make this simple association.

Funny my nephews dog has no idea what it means. I guess
it takes a while to train animals to fear stones.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey