Re: AAT:A method to falsi

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
10 Oct 1995 22:46:48 -0400

j#d#.moore@canrem.com (J. Moore) writes:

>Anyone who knows that chimpanzees handle land-based predators
>through intimidation and threat displays, and that they actually

I must admit I've never seen footages of chimps scaring off lions.
But I have seen footages of lions making mincemeat out of
baboons making threat displays. The baboons almost all disappeared
as soon as there was a charge, and one or two male baboons that
didn't get scared became dinner.

>have less problem with predators in more open country than in
>forest, and that they have survived in spite of predation
>pressure, knows that the argument that our ancestors couldn't do

1)Sorry but are chimps "open country" animals?
2) "despite predation pressure" is weak. Every species that's
survived to this day has done so.
3) Did the chimps survive in the open country or forest?

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey