Re: Hair not a drag... was Re: AAT Theory

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
3 Oct 1995 23:24:11 -0400

j#d#.moore@canrem.com (J. Moore) writes:

>(Mordvinov and Kurbatov, 1972). A hydrodynamic tube experiment
>with a dummy having a Baikal sealskin pasted over it reveals that
>hair is conducive to an increase in the boundary layer thickness,
>to a reduction of the speed pulsation level within 1 to 10 khz,
>and to a reduction in drag." (Sokolov 1982: 604).

An easier way to convince people would be to shave a chimpanzee and
measure the drag and then compare it against the drag without the
shave :-)..

How about replacing the sealskin with chimpanzee fur? How does
that work?

PS. What is "reduction of speed pulsation"? I assume that the
dummy had the shape of something like a human. Did it?

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey