Re: An alternative to ST and AAT

Phillip Bigelow (bh162@scn.org)
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 20:23:30 -0800

Phil Nicholls wrote:
> Everything I have read about postcranial
> morphology of A. afarensis indicates that there is only one good ulna
> from the plio-pleistocene -- one from the Omo basin associated with
> Paranthropus boisei. Everything else is too fragmentary.

Is this the material that Johanson's team found? I have a PBS video
documentary on Johanson's discovery of a complete "female"
A. afarensis morphotype ulna.
Johanson also showed a "male" morphotype ulna that was clearly
nearly twice the size of the "female" morphotype (although
the "male" ulna was fragmentary; the proximal articular surfaces were
in perfect condition, though).
Is the Omo Basin in Ethiopia?
<pb>