Re: Why is Homo sapiens hairless?

Richard Foy (rfoy@netcom.com)
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:22:02 GMT

In article <susansfE0uq9z.4Gr@netcom.com>,
Susan S. Chin <susansf@netcom.com> wrote:

>And some more questions:
>
>: Why is it retained on the head?
>
>I believe Roh answered that in his post better than I could. I might add,
>though there are exceptions, hair on the head also serves to protect the
>organ(s) underneath the head. The brain, spinal column, arteries and
>veins in the head. (and no, I don't know why some males of our species
>lose theirs, though recently there are studies relating estrogen to this).

In reading this groups off and on for a long time, I ahve never seen
a reasonable answer to this question. Why does the head hair on most
humans grow to very long lengths if it is not cut?

--
Western Kundalini; Chakra 1 awakening,
"Greed is good." Michael Douglas in Wall Street

URL http://www.he.tdl.com/~hfanoe/index.html