Re: Modern Neanderthals?

Roger Dodger (rogerdodger@triax.com)
15 Nov 96 08:48:38 -700

Roger Dodger has this to say about that-
>In article <55g82g$f4l@news.snowcrest.net>, "Lorenzo L. Love"
><lllove@snowcrest.net> writes:

>> It isn't limited to white
>>verus black or black verus white but Us verus Them. Look at Rwanda or
>>Bosnia. No matter how much you try to deny it, bigotry is a fundamental
>>characteristic of humans, and it is a major factor in shapeing our view
>>of the past, includeing who we think of as ancestors.

> it's called ethnocentrism.... and is the major cause of mankind's
>problems. However, being a categorizing animal, there are no options...
>every time we create an "us" we create a "them".

Its also called Xenophobia - the fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners, or
of anything that is strange or foreign. [Greek xenos "strange, stranger"]

Roger Dodger
from the City-State of the Invincible Overlord
Hey Santa, how much for your list of naughty girls?