Re: Old migration ideas

Bob Keeter (b_keeter@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us)
12 Nov 1996 05:55:27 GMT

wvanhou237@aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> What brought this all to mind was a mention of"" beakers"
> I saw in a S.A.P. posting earlier this week. Does anything of
> the above have any relevence in the light of more modern
> evidence and theories in Archy and Anthro Pologies?
>
> Anyone here old enough to know?

Dont know if I'm old enough, but I did find some references to the
Lake cultures, the "Bell Beaker" people, and "Battle Ax" culture.
There is a real good writeup in "People of the Stone Age", American
Museum of Natural History. I believe the currrent thought is that
the Beaker and Battleax cultures were contemporaries with the lake
dwellers being somewhat earlier.

Regards
bk