Re: so H sapiens evolved from H. erectus?

Robert Gotschall (hobgot@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 09:11:07 -0800

Bob Keeter wrote:

> I have to wonder EXACTLY who (or what if you are of the belief) may
> have been wandering around in Asia when the anatomically modern
> humans showed up? Would seem to be our old friend H.e. unless
> I am badly mistaken!
>
> Regards
> bkI wonder about that myself. Fossil evidence indicates that H.e. no
longer existed after 300,000 years bp, roughly the time H.s. showed up.
No one can state for certain if these were two sperate species that
may have met, or one species that evolved seamlessly into the other.
Whichever happened, I doubt it occurred simultaneously across the
continent.
Hob