Re: Skull in Boulder images

Ed Conrad (edconrad@prolog.net)
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 13:58:28 GMT

scottb@ucr.campus.mci.net (Scott Begg) wrote:

>medved@access.digex.net (Theodore A. Holden) wrote:

>>The www page I maintain for Ed Conrad's materials at:

>>http://access.digex.com/~medved/conrad/conmain.htm

>>now contains a couple of good photos of the skull embedded in
>>the boulder. The second photo (juxtaposed with a laboratory-grade
>>skull) is particularly interesting.

>>Ted Holden
>>medved@digex.com

> At last! The Great Ted and Ed together at last--and in glorious
> technicolor, to boot!

> So, I look at the infamous Carboniferous Hominid (sic) fossils, and
> other such pictures at the web site... Hmm...
> (snip)
> Did anyone ever consider the possiblity of a "coincidence"...
> You know, there are pieces of driftwood that look remarkably
> like human faces, too...

CAN'T be a coincidence, Scott, since granules removed
from the rind and examined microscopically reveal the Haversian
canals -- the telltale sign of bone after it has undergone the
petrification process.

Rather amazing, too, is that, while the boulder itself is solid,
the human skull-like protrusion emits a hollow sound when
tapped.

Kindly put this in your smoke and pipe it!