Re: MOST IMPORTANT FOSSIL (A human skull as old as coal!)

Ed Conrad (edconrad@prolog.net)
Sat, 02 Nov 1996 12:41:57 GMT

Paul V. Heinrich (heinrich@intersurf.com) passed along
the following message to his shipmates aboard
the Titanic II:

> Ed Conrad (edconrad@prolog.net) wrote:
>
> The WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT FOSSIL, unquestionably,
> is a petrified human skull embedded in a boulder which was
> discovered between anthracite veins in Carboniferous
> strata near Shenandoah, Pa.

These so-called fossils have been objectively and honestly
studied by Andrew MaCrea and others in detail and found to
be nothing more than siderite nodules mistaken by an
overactive imagination to be fossils.

In simple English, they are rocks composed of sand and
silt cemented by iron carbonate.