Re: MOST IMPORTANT FOSSIL (A human skull as old as coal!)

Jukka Korpela (jkorpela@beta.hut.fi)
01 Nov 1996 09:50:20 +0200

edconrad@prolog.net (Ed Conrad) writes:

> The WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT FOSSIL, unquestionably, is
> a petrified human skull embedded in a boulder which was discovered
> between anthracite veins in Carboniferous strata near Shenandoah, Pa.

I suppose no-one is fool enough to take this kind of scrap seriously,
but just in case...: If this kind of "news" had any truth in them,
and especially if they were unquestionable, we would certainly have
read about them in reputable scientific magazines - which would really
struggle for the right to publish such revolutionary reports before
their competitors.

Yucca