Re: Modern Neanderthals?

Ekki Nykkinen (ekki@kajen.com)
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 12:21:02 GMT

"Rohinton Collins" <rohinton@collins.prestel.co.uk> wrote:

>Aurelius M. <cicero9@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
><3273677E.5E85@ix.netcom.com>...
>> That is a new one Domingo. To opine that Europeans may
>> have Neanderthal genes is a racist plot by Europeans to avoid
>> admitting that we all came from Africa. Of course your logic
>> is not only silly, but down right foolish. No matter if
>> Europeans have Neanderthal genes, which I think likely, the
>> ansestor of Neanderthal most certainly came from Africa.
>> So much for your simple minded theory. P.S. Don't forget
>> the prozac before your next post!!!!

>I don't believe that Domingo was implying any deliberate racist 'plot'
>Aurelius.
>Racism mixed with ignorance and short-sightedness is all that's necessary.
>Take a racist white westerner for example (and don't harp on, we are all
>racist to some degree). He would far rather believe that his ancestors were
>Neanderthals who evolved around southern Europe (despite the evidence) than
>that they were Homo sapiens who came from Africa - after all, they might
>have actually been black ( ;-) ). Failing this, if he actually concedes
>that Homo sapiens evolved (in Africa) before
>the Neanderthals, and therefore that the former couldn't have evolved from
>the latter, then at least some interbreeding went on to dilute this
>'African' breed?

>Wake up people. Be guided by the evidence, not at your inner prejudices.

>From the PC Primer:

"Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF AN ACTION IS UN-PC?

Good question. It's important to know when someone is saying
something insensitive so that you can have that person removed from
society. The guideline is as follows:

Is the confrontation between two white people?
Yes - The liberal is right.
No - The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.

Remember, many seemingly obvious issues, such as the railroading
of Mayor Marion Barry, or the Clarence Thomas issue, are really race
issues.

Here's a fun practice drill for you: See how many newspaper articles
you can make into race bias stories. It's fun! Some PCers are so
good they can make the weather report look like a KKK pamphlet!"

I can tell some of the people in this thread have been practicing A
LOT. Keep up the good work guys! :-)

>Regards,

>Roh

And regards to you, my PC friend!