Re: Hair loss (was Re: underwater space aliens)

jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk
3 Nov 1995 15:19:04 GMT

clarke@acme.ist.ucf.edu (Thomas Clarke) wrote:

>My understanding is that speciation in space rather than in time depends
>on geographic/reproduction isolation. So what was it that isolated
>the proto-Australopiths from the proto-Pans?
>
>Seriously, was thre a mountain range or something - it doesn't have
>to be the stretch of water that I favor.

I have heard of two arguments. The first is the Danakil Island/sea flooding type story, and the
other was that it was the formation of the Rift Valley itself. Are there are any others? I would
be interested to hear of them.

James Borrett.