Re: On predation.

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
2 Nov 1995 14:00:49 -0500

bbur@wpo.nerc.ac.uk (Bill Burnett) writes:

>Actually the Australian aborigines entered the continent via a land bridge
>from PNG somewhere between 40000 and 100000 years ago, depending on who you

I've read this too but like much of these kind of statements, I don't know
if they have actually found something lying below the surface of
the ocean that they have traced all the way to Australia or if they
have found something that would have made Australia very close to
Asia and assumed that there was a land bridge. In any case, even if
there was no land bridge they were much closer and the crocs
would not have had to travel far.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey