Re: Evolution in Cartoons

Tanned, Rested, & Ready for 2000 (jackechs@EROLS.COM)
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 10:39:05 -0500

The fact that you are worried about a fictional cartoon scares me. If
fiction cannot go beyond the limitations of reality then it isn't fiction.
While I can sympathize if not agree with those opposed to programs such as
MOM, I cannot with those who are opposing directly or indirectly at opposing
fictional programs that claim to be nothing more than fictional programs.
This is censorship and getting to be a lot like Orwell's 1984. Granted as a
parent you may be concerned that your child is getting an erroneous view of
life, but then if you haven't been teaching your children that TV is not
reality that is where the problem exists not in the medium.