Re: Ruby flames and Rohrlich raves

Ruby Rohrlich (rohrlich@GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU)
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 14:29:08 -0500

How did I flame you, Robert? You are r eplying to my legitimate
objection to your statement that the word "patriarch" was out of use by
calling me a "man-hater." You would be most fortunate if you had
relations with female anthropologists similar to mine with male
anthropologists, even with some on this list. When I talked about male
religious leaders I
mentioned those representing Protestant, Catholic and Jewish faiths.
What is the significance and implication of your selecting "Ruby's
rabbi"? what a lot of drivel you emit along with your talk about
Michaelangelo, etc. You did not once disprove my statements about the
patriarchal nature of U.S. society. Ruby Rohrlich