Re: Evolution as fact

Bill Lesley (rwl2@AXE.HUMBOLDT.EDU)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:48:00 -0800

I agree w/ Adrian's assessment of what I always considered the "scientific
method". As a biologist by background, I have found that many discussions
of this sort run up on the shoals of semantics and it becomes a case of:
" I know you heard what I said, but did you hear what I meant?"
I know it is near impossible to always define the terms one uses, but it
helps to know what is being discussed.
Addendum: I have to get my two-bits in on the fiasco in the Tennessee
legislature. It strikes me thay are trying to make the truth a lie!
Shades of Big Brother. Can't say more as I feel that obsenities have no
place on e-mail.
Back to lurking!