Re: ROBERT JOHNSON

Greggory Senechal (gsenecha@CHAT.CARLETON.CA)
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 20:56:31 GMT

Thomas McIntosh (ANT) (mcintosh@LUNA.CAS.USF.EDU) wrote:
> I am shocked that anyone is considering censorship of any individual
> on this list! No matter how skewed Johnson's ideas are, he still has a
> right (both morally and constitutionally) to voice them. Is this the
> rancid odor of new republican rightism, gingrichism at its best, creeping
> in upon us? God, I hope not. Let the poor boy have his say! Who
> indeed, does it hurt? If you don't want to read it, delete it.

I agree entirely. How can people feel comfortable here if
they know that, if they slip, and say something wrong, they can be
shut out of the discussion entirely.

I can understand if someone is posting slanderous material (a
la Hardwick) but otherwise... people should be left to pick and choose
what they read rather than have the decisions made for them.

Granted - I didn't read these postings that everyone is
annoyed about.. But I haven't heard anything about slander...

Gregg

Greggory Senechal WWW: http://chat.carleton.ca/~gsenecha/
Carleton University ---
Anthropology