Re: Read Message Before Responding

Ania Lian (ania@LINGUA.CLTR.UQ.OZ.AU)
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 11:11:22 +1000

On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, LAWRENCE PRITCHARD wrote:
> ... By all means,
> attack and counter-attack, but hit the target. Please don't let your
> biases obscure your logic and scholarship.

This is exactly the point. This is an academic network and if somebody
posts a non-academic, not-scientificaly argued, and highly demagogic
statement bridging with self-advertising and hoping to get support for some
noble ideas and at the same time squeeze in their own personal goals,
there is no room for argumentation as we all know where demagogia takes
people.

It would have been nicer if we were first informed about the context
before we were told whom to support.

ania lian