Re: terms

Errol Back-Cunningham (
24 Sep 1996 22:41:57 GMT

In <528o56$> (Morton M.
Goldmacher) writes:
> Back-Cunningham) wrote:
>>In <> William ALBERT
>>>what's the difference between schizoid and schizoaffective
>> Schizoid implies being classified under the 'Diagnostic and
>> Statistical Model - the infamous DSM' as schizophrenic -
>> schizoaffective - would imply an 'affected' schizoid - someone
>> who affected to appear that way - multi-personality - or
>> multi-entity - in real life, generally in response to a
>> certain situation that the original entity or personality was
>> unable to handle - eg. small, wimpish person, has another
>> side - Rambo - that comes out when he gets pressured or stressed
>> in some way.
>In psychiatry the words "affect" and "affective" refer to mood. The
>disorder formerly called manic depression is now called bi-polar
>affect disorder.
>I believe both of the personality disorders in the original question
>are set out in some detail in the DSM IV.

Quite possible - but how is your mood schizophrenic?
Changing from one mood to another - don't we all do that?