Re: Creationists win the schools in New Mexico

Janet Jubran (jubran@mailhost1.csusm.edu)
Thu, 05 Sep 1996 09:40:26 +0000

Where do you draw the line? Suppose my religious beliefs conflict with
the times table or other scientific theories, like gravity. Could we
throw that out of school too? Which parts of the bible do they take as
fact, and thereby impose on the rest of us? Was it Lot having sex with
his daughters? Noah and the whale? Some religions believe the universe in
being held up by elephants who stand on a turtle who swims in the sea of
eternity. Let's teach that instead of astronomy. Keep religion and
religious interpretation out of public education.In article