Re: Brain size, IQ

Len Piotrowski (lpiotrow@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 19:39:32 GMT

In article <50k6iu$3dd8@argo.unm.edu> mycol1@unm.edu (Bryant) writes:

>[snip]

>In article <lpiotrow.398.322D8883@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
>Len Piotrowski <lpiotrow@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>The following is a compilation of statements made by Lenny in a single
>post. I've snipped the other posters' comments which provoked Lenny so,
>but you can thread back one or two msgs to see them. They were
>reasonable points and queries.

>>Duh, Firl, we're talking about modern humans!
>>Well, duh-h ...
>>da, duh-h ...
>>duh-h, *duh-h-h* ...
>>.. and thus spake Firlmeister.
>>Mind posting your cranial capacity, Firl! Entertain us with that anomaly!
>>--Lenny__

>Lenny *says* (so articulately, too!) "duh" and "*duh-h-h*" to
>clarifications he obviously needed made. Thread back and read the last
>two msgs before mine, here, and see.

Clarify for me, Bryant, what clarifications I obviously needed. If we were
not taking about modern humans, excuse me for misinterpretation. Thread back
to this msg:

"
>>I don't recall the cubic centimeters, but do seem to recall some
>>substantial growth in cranial capacity since H. erectus.
>
>Not since H. erectus, as far as I am aware, unless you are including H.
>erectus in the statistic. Do you have some data that shows this trend?

Gotchya. I misread you as meaning to include erectus.

Bryant
"
From: mycol1@unm.edu (Bryant)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology,sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Brain size, IQ
Date: 28 Aug 1996 15:41:38 -0600
Sender: mycol1@unm.edu

Is this what you mean by clarification?

Excuse me if you are affronted by my response to Firl's personal pissing
match!

Cheers,

--Lenny__