Re: Creationists win the schools in New Mexico

George Cooper (gwc2406@madison.tec.wi.us)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:18:21 -0700

Bryant wrote:

> I want to make sure that this thread's readers are made aware that I
> (accidentally) exaggerated the gravity of the situation in NM.
> Creationism is *not* mandated by the new school board
> guidelines--evolution has simply been removed as a requirement for
> biology classes. The issue of creationism is "left open" to the
> individual teachers.
>
> Bryant

I don't see how any evolutionist could object to this. States should not
mandate what shall be taught in a science classroom, right? At
least that's what you evolutionists argued for in Arkansas & Louisiana.
Are you pro-choice or not?

GC