Re: Creationists win the schools in New Mexico

Bryant (mycol1@unm.edu)
29 Aug 1996 15:03:52 -0600

In article <3224C57D.7EC6@flmnh.ufl.edu>,
Holly Reeser <reeser@flmnh.ufl.edu> wrote:

>Agreed.....I am not sure that this post on the New Mexico schools is
>true...

As I've taken pains to point out thrice, now, it is not. I was mistaken
about creationism being mandated. It's merely being allowed.

>Funadamentalists would have jumped on it....it may just be a hoax to take
>up space and time on this newsgroup...I've seen it done before. I would

Give it a rest. I made a bloody mistake. Not a huge one, either:
creationists are now free to teach their religion in NM schools.

>But it would be quite awesome to hear Stephen Gould thunder away at the
>Supreme Court!

Awesome indeed. He's not a lawyer.

Bryant