Re: AAT Theory

Richard Foy (rfoy@netcom.com)
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 16:17:27 GMT

In article <43ujhm$dba@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>,
chris brochu <gator@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

>True enough, the feeding rate for crocodylians can be lower than for
>mammals. But, they occur in higher densities than other predators, which
>more than compensates.
>
>Crocodylians aren't necessarily better predators than mammalian
>carnivores, but they're no worse, and given the population densities of
>crocodylians, no one would be helped by jumping in the water to avoid
>land predators.

Do crocs inhabit all the water in a river or a lake or do they tend
to concentrate in smaller areas? My impression is that they hand out
in crowds an do not occupy a whole body of water or its shoreline.

--
"The hammer shatters glass but forges steel." --Russian proverb

rfoy@netcom.com Weaving a World Wide Web