Re: Savannas

Bryce Harrington (bryce@netcom.com)
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 21:02:16 GMT

In article <60.2804.7295.0N1F5C03@canrem.com>,
J. Moore <j#d#.moore@canrem.com> wrote:

>El> JDMoore informs me that the savanna theory was already defunct in the
>El> nineteen sixties, before I ever wrote a word about evolution and I was
>El> too thick to realise it.
>
>Again Morgan misrepresents

No she doesn't Jim, you clearly said the savannah theory was dead long
before she started writing about AAT, and then had the nerve to berate
her for not properly researching her facts. I think you are the one who
is doing the misrepresenting.

>El> Just a sprinkling of quotations:
>
>Why there were even some titles there. One would only have to
>read several hundred pages to see if you altered these quotes or
>left out context, as per your common practice.

But rather than actually reading them, you'd rather just make a
slanderous attack and skip the reading. Hmm. What a scientist
you are!

>But of course you've read Alex's post, and now understand why the
>"savannah theory" is not what you claim it to be. Not to mention
>your insistence that "savannah" equals "arid" or "near-desert".

Yes, Jim, there ain't much water on the savannah. This means that
a savannah is "arid." Look it up.

>As for:
>El> This makes it very tempting to let everything with your name on top of
>El> it go unread as hate mail.
>El> Elaine
>
>Whether you "let everything with [my] name on top of it go unread"
>is not a concern of mine. If you wish to consider anything that
>isn't fawningly uncritical adoration as being "hate mail", you are
>certainly free to do so.

With the vicious personal attacks you've made on Elaine lately, I am
not suprised she's thinking of ignoring you. She's shown an amazing
amount of patience and resilience and has rarely decended to your
level of flames and ad hominem attacks. It is obvious that you depend
on the attention you get from this newsgroup to make up for your
social shortcomings, and that secretly you are afraid that Elaine will
ignore you, as that would emasculate you in the eyes of the other
newsgroup readers.

--
---
Bryce Harrington