Re: Savanna: a slow demise

Richard Foy (
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 12:38:56 GMT

In article <>,
Elaine Morgan <> wrote:
>The savannah Theory is dead, but it did not end in the sixties, and it
>was an unconscionable time a-dying. Even up to less than a year ago,
>though the song may have ended, the melody lingered on.

I am mostly a lurker here. However, is a brief summary of the
currently "scientifically correct" theory available somewhere on the

When I first read the AAT in your book "The Descent of Woman" many
years ago it seemed to me to explain a lot more of the data than the
"savannah" theory.

"The hammer shatters glass but forges steel." --Russian proverb Weaving a World Wide Web