the skeptic (ZU03725@uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu)
Sat, 16 Sep 95 19:38:48 CDT

In article <43eo9l$mvp@access4.digex.net>
huston@access4.digex.net (Herb Huston) writes:

>In article <cboramha-160995064944@slip1-13.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
>Carol Boram-Hays <cboramha@osu.edu> wrote:
>}In article <43dhdq$qv2@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, lynngarth@aol.com (Lynn
>}Garth) wrote:
>}> I'm looking for any info on Bonobo's aka pygmy chimpanzee's. I've got T.
>}> Kano's "The Last Ape" and Sue Savage-Rumbaugh's work book, "Kanzi". But
>}> its been tough getting anything else. I would greatly appreciate any
>}
>}Try "The Pygmy Chimpanzee; Evolutionary Biology and Behavior" edited by
>}Randall L. Susman for Plenum Press. Hope this helps.
>
>Frans de Waal devotes a chapter to bonobos in his _Peacemaking Among
>Primates_. It was published in 1989 by Harvard University Press. (The
>other chapters are about chimpanzees, rhesus macaques, stump-tailed
>macacques, and humans; the book is about reconciliation behavior.)
>
>--
>-- Herb Huston
>-- huston@access.digex.net

The latest work I can think of on bonobos is "Chimpanzee Cultures", R.
Wrangham, W.C. McGrew, F.B.M. de Waal and P. Heltne. Harvard University
Press, 1994.

Hope that helps you out. There is also an article on them in the March issue
of the pop science mag: "Scientific American" that is kind of interesting.

Karen