Re: DISCOVER/Neanderthal/Homo Sap.

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
10 Sep 1995 02:45:45 -0400

bcat@netcom.com (Bearcat) writes:

>Plains tribes, for instance, saw plenty of sun. However, their
>skin was, in fact, lightening up, especially when compared to
>Natives of Central America.

I don't know anything about "lightening up". We all see natives
of Central America who get plenty of sunlight.

>Also, if man first migrated to the Americas only 13kya or so,
>that is much less time than our tenure in Europe.

Well, that's one of the problems. If it's only 13kya then it's
about 1/4 of Africans time in Europe. But in order to cross over
just at the right time, they must have already been in Northern
Asia for a while too. And if some of the claims about people
being in America 60,000 years ago or so are correct, then we
have a lot of re-accounting to do.

--

Regards, Mark

http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey