Re: DISCOVER/Neanderthal/Homo Sap.

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
5 Sep 1995 22:45:42 -0400

bcat@netcom.com (Bearcat) writes:

>In any event, this objection would carry more weight if the African
>Eve hypothesis weren't fully supported by other genetic research
>in this area. The work of Cavalli-Sforza et al, e.g., _The
>History and Geography of Human Genes_ demonstrates the same
>pattern of migration for modern man -- out of Africa no more
>than 100,000 years ago.

I think too much is being made of Cavali-Sforza's
findings. I haven't read the book but reviews of it
but it seems that it too is got the same problem with
the fiddling parameters.

There's always this number which stands for an intensity
or rate of change, and this number is used in calculations
it amplifies the errors. It's like being off by 1/100
of a degree when shooting at something. If it's only a few
hundred yards you'll miss by little but if you're shooting
at the nearest start you can miss by millions of miles.

--

Regards, Mark

http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey