Re: DISCOVER/Neanderthal/Homo Sap.

Erin Miller (ermiller@tezcat.com)
2 Sep 1995 10:03:25 -0500

In article <428esi$12l@rebecca.albany.edu>, <cc3265@CNSVAX.ALBANY.EDU> wrote:
>In article <427hbj$len@huitzilo.tezcat.com>, ermiller@tezcat.com (Erin Miller) writes:
>>>
>>Funny, I live side by side with *lots* of species I don't have sex with.
>>
>>-erin
>
>Yeah, but how many of them share your taxonomic classification? (i.e.:
>**Homo sapiens** neanderthalensis)

Are you SURE they were _Homo sapiens neanderthalensis_? Lots of
scientists seem to think they should be called _Homo neanderthalensis_ in
which case, see the other posts on the many reasons why such matings
might not have occured (and even do not occur in sibling species which
*are* techincally capable of it).

-erin

--
"On the internet nobody knows you're a dog ...
but damn if everyone won't know what your cat looks like." -fatz

Erin Miller http://www.tezcat.com/~ermiller/erin.html
University of Chicago / Anthropology Department / ermiller@tezcat.com