Re: Half Human?

Paul Crowley (Paul@crowleyp.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 20 Oct 96 13:28:36 GMT

In article <keith.183.00041927@gecko.biol.wits.ac.za>
keith@gecko.biol.wits.ac.za "Keith Norris" writes:

> Okay, lets put this into perspective once and for all.........who actually
> copulated with a chimpanzee to produce this hybrid? If it was artificial
> insemination, who did it and under whose authority.....i.e. what
> institution's ehtics committee allowed it?

There are a lot of poor countries, especially in Africa where the
chimps come from. IVF techniques are well understood. If it worked,
the world's TV and press would be beating down your door. The money
to be made would be enormous. And what's ehtics? Or even ethics?
I hear that it's a county north-east of London, England.

Paul.