Re: Creation or Evolution? You Decide :)

jlt (jlt-ok@ix.netcom.com(jlt))
2 Oct 1996 16:39:01 GMT

In <32504D18.115B@OVPR.UGA.EDU> "RICHARD J. LOGAN" <RJL@OVPR.UGA.EDU> writes:

>I have a degree in physics. I find it interesting that creationists are
>now attacking not just the origin of species but also the origin of the
>universe. I don't know what to do about this creeping ignorance but it's
>amazing that a technological superpower like the United States can't do a
>better job educating its children. To paraphrase Ben Franklin, we must
>all hang together or we will all hang seperately.
>
>--
>___________________________________
>Richard J. Logan, Ph.D.
>University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc.

First, learn how to spell (start with sep a rate).

Second, understand that the basics of religion are that followers must
faithfully espouse all that they are taught concerning that religion
and refute all that is not within that religion's teaching. Therefore,
there is no such logical proof that can dispel one's religion-based
knowledge. Hence, even if you could conclusively prove that evolution
is fact, religionists will then only admit that it wasn't evolution,
but god's will. A never ending circle.

On the other hand, what ever happened to the idea of separation of
church and state? The more the government gets away from religion, the
closer it really gets to religion, case in point: abortion. The
entire issue of abortion revolves ONLY on the premise of of ones
religion. If one is religious, one MUST believe that abortion is
detestable. So, then, why is the government even concerning itself
with the issue?

If there is truly to be a separation of church and state, why, then,
are states, such as New Mexico teaching that which is solely religious
teaching, i.e., creationism?

Separation of church and state is EXACTLY that, separation of church
and state.
You can't have it BOTH ways, folks.