Re: Aquatic predators... was Re: AAT Theory

David Froehlich (eohippus@curly.cc.utexas.edu)
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 16:52:06 -0500

On 21 Oct 1995, Thomas Clarke wrote:

> Would you admit the possibility that early hominids may have obtained part
> of their calories from things living in the water?

Sure, why not?, however this is not AAS. Besides, we actually have
evidence!!!! (what a novel thought). There are a number of primates that
live by the sea shore and eat various kinds of seafood (e.g. crab eating
macaque). This is fine, however saying that this led to bipedalism is
stretching the evidence (not AAS but some other kind of scenario).

David J. Froehlich Phone: 512-471-6088
Vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory Fax: 512-471-5973
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712