Re: Guide for anti-AATers

chris brochu (gator@mail.utexas.edu)
23 Oct 1995 14:32:47 GMT

In article <hubey.814328288@pegasus.montclair.edu> H. M. Hubey,
hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu writes:
>Could the human tear apparatus be an atrophied version of
>something that was effective at getting rid of excess salt
>at high concentrations about 4-5Mya?

Sure. It's also possible that our ancestors had five appendices, four of
which have atrophied, and that they had gossamer wings and purple skin.
How would you test these ideas?

This is why we refer to this whole thing as the AA*S* - this cannot be
falsified, and is thus not a proper scientific hypothesis.

(At first, I wanted to rename it the SMM - the "sea monkey model" - but
SMM is also the institutional abbreviation for the Science Museum of
Minnesota, and a bunch of my data comes from there - this would cheapen
the value of SMM.)

chris