Re: ape faces

Phil Nicholls (pnich@globalone.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 07:51:12 GMT

Alex Duncan <aduncan@mail.utexas.edu> graced us with the following
words:

>In article <hubey.814073190@pegasus.montclair.edu> "he who thinks horse's
>knees bend backwards" (hwthkbb), hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu writes:

>>What you write above is nice but I was thinking of even a bigger
>>picture. The face gets shorter and shorter as the humanoids become
>>more and more modern. Something similar occurs among apes.

>Gosh HWTHKBB, I hate to bring this up, but if you'd done just a little
>rudimentary "bone-gazing", you'd know that large bodied hominoids are
>among the most prognathic of haplorhine primates.

Gee, I love that kind of talk. But Alex, I am afraid you have made a
mistake. MH didn't say "hominoid", he said humanoid which I sure you
know, includes Romulans, Vulcans, Klingons, Cardassians, Betazoids and
Ferrengi (just to name a few). Of course, all of these had aquatic
ancestors.

Phil Nicholls pnich@globalone.net
"To ask a question you must first know most of the answer"
-Robert Sheckley