Re: Tears for fears. Was Re: Guide for anti-AATers

David L Burkhead (r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu)
19 Oct 1995 16:22:43 GMT

In article <462oe4$iek@scotsman.ed.ac.uk> jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:
>bbur@wpo.nerc.ac.uk (Bill Burnett) wrote:
>> It has nothing
>>to do with emotion.
>>YES, both my crying examples are aquatic.
>but let's lose the emotion myth.
>Have you seen my post with refences for crying as a marine marker?
>Albatrosses, seals and sea otters at least all cry in response to
>emotional upset as well as to salt crisis.

Have you got a source for this claim? Actually "these claims":
That the three animals mentioned cry in response to emotional upset
(I'd _love_ to see how _that_ was determined), and that seals and
otters cry in response to salt crisis.

References, please.

David L. Burkhead
r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu
d.l.burk@ix.netcom.com

--
Spacecub - The Artemis Project - Artemis Magazine

Box 831
Akron, OH 44309-0831