Re: Crocodile Rock

David L Burkhead (r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu)
17 Oct 1995 12:59:23 GMT

In article <45t6np$loo@scotsman.ed.ac.uk> jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:

[ 8< Crocodiles don't navigate at sea--just drift >8 ]

>Interesting point, as an AAT supporter I hope it is true! I think the crocodile question is a bit

Hate to burst your bubble, but it turns out not to be the case.
This has been dealt with here before.

>off the thrust of the main argument and is used because the anti-AAT types can't defeat thhe
>strong arguments from psychic tears etc..

Hate to burst your bubble again, but how any postulated 'aquatic
ape' deals with predation is _not_ off the thrust of the main
argument. It is central to the viability of the hypothesis. And if
"psychic tears" is what passes for a strong argument, then AAH is on
even weaker ground than _I_ thought.

BTW, we're all still waiting for the references to your claim
about aquatic animals vs terrestrial animals in shedding tears from
emotional distress.

David L. Burkhead
r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu

--
Spacecub - The Artemis Project - Artemis Magazine

Box 831
Akron, OH 44309-0831