Re: Hair and AAS

Tom Clarke (clarke@longwood.cs.ucf.edu)
15 Oct 1995 21:36:06 -0400

David Froehlich <eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu> writes:

>The AAS arguements assume that hair is a feature found in the AAS
>ancestor. This is a major assumption!!!!

Not at all. I thought the current thought is that man and apes
had a common ancestor about 6 million years ago in the Miocene.
DNA evidence is crucial here as well as fossils. Either the common
ancestor had hair, or it didn't. If it did then the assumption is
met. If not then the problem is to explain why three (two?) apes
gained hair.

>So, what testable observations does AAS make and how does it explain the
>evidence better?

Five year old hominid fossils will be found in an aquatic setting.

It explains how the hominds became bipedal before the major climatic
and vegetation shifts in Africa.

Tom Clarke

--
People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment
and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against