Re: Guide for anti-AATers

Phillip Bigelow (n8010095@cc.wwu.edu)
14 Oct 1995 14:50:48 -0700

jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:

>2) Where did our ancesters get the extra Omega 3 fatty acids needed in
>the diet for brain growth? From the marine food chain, perhaps? I'll give
>up on this if you manage to find one human being with a normal,
>functioning brain who has never eaten any seafood.

From birth up to one or two years, human infants nurse. Their brains are
going through the greatest spurt in development during this human
milk-drinking stage. I have never seen a one year-old scarf down a
tuna-fish sandwitch, nor have I seen Gerber come out with a sardine baby
food. And as far as I know, no significant concentrations of Omega 3 fatty
acids are found in human breast milk.
Mothers who are vegatarians and who nurse their babies have perfectly
healthy children...and the adult children can even walk and chew gum at the same
time.
<pb>