Re: AAT Theory

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
12 Oct 1995 21:39:52 -0400

David Froehlich <eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu> writes:

>On 10 Oct 1995, H. M. Hubey wrote:

>> Just like life had to be based on something.
>>
>> So why not hydro-carbons instead of aluminum or
>> titanium or something, right ?
>>

>No!!! because a valence of four imparts the ability to form numerous
>bonds. You can bond four hydrogens (and get methane), or double bond
>with carbon, or oxygen, or nitrogen, etc. Wow!!! do you think the

I guess my analogical retort wasn't close enough for a cigar. Yes,
there are people who feel that life would have to be based on
something like carbon (with silicon close behind).

But you missed the general idea. It had to be based on something,
but it can't be based on anything. The mammalian temperature
has to be something, but why 98.6? is it as good as any temperature
or are some temperatures better than others?

This should be right up your alley seeing as how the rest of
the stuff is math, physics, chemistry etc.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey