Re: post from Holloway

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
12 Oct 1995 03:25:01 -0400

j#d#.moore@canrem.com (J. Moore) writes:

>I've noticed that Hubey started out posting in "race" threads on
>sci-anthro, taking the standard "races as propounded by racists

Your little world must consist of two newsgroups. Fella, I've
been posting on many newsgroups for many years.

>are valid groupings" dogma, and since have noticed that he posts
>in groups like SocCroatia etc., i.e., wheverever dissension can be
>stirred by baiting people he views as "in power positions". In

Another ignoramus who finds two pieces of data and weaves a whole
evolutionary life history. Little brain, I've been posting to
soc.culture groups like iranian, turkish, russian, yugoslavia,
croatia, and even more for years.

As for sci check out nonlinear, and before that logic, and
before that linguistics.

And finally, ye of little brain, check out my homepage
and get your free copy of the book on linguistics. In it
you'll find lots of stuff on "distance" and metric space.
Check out the stuff on historical linguistics and development
of language. You might get the cobwebs out of your still
unused or underutilized little brain.

Some of the ideas are applicable as well in this little
tinkertoy universe of yours. For example, check out the
stuff on discrete metric spaces. The little shit about
cladistics and why it actually is attempting to define
distance in a hazy way could possibly become clear to
you in a few years if you work diligently enough. If you
can't read my book try some phonology book and check
out the "distinctive features" stuff. When you finally
think you got it in a few years time, you should try
reading my book again. You might be able to understand
a few things. Don't lose hope.

It's a new world out there and it's tough for the
underdeveloped and deprived children who've been feed a
big diet of positive feedback all their lives from
their parents and their teachers. Count your blessings
that someone whacked you into reality. You might yet
learn that you might benefit from this post. Maybe in
about 20 years you'll be able to understand what just
happened. I suggest you make a photocopy of this post
and stick it in one of your books so you can read it
many years from now. it will help you remember.

>It must be disheartening to Elaine Morgan to find her most ardent
>supporters so often turning out to be crackpots (unless she
>doesn't care about the ideas, and is only in it for the money).

It wasn't her idea. And it's not mine. And the SST is not
your idea. You defend it because you're programmed to do so.
You will eventually grow up and out of it.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey