Re: AAT Theory

David Froehlich (eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 15:52:10 -0500

On 10 Oct 1995, H. M. Hubey wrote:

> Just like life had to be based on something.
>
> So why not hydro-carbons instead of aluminum or
> titanium or something, right ?

Ooh! I just can't resist this stuff. It is like taking candy from a baby.

No!!! because a valence of four imparts the ability to form numerous
bonds. You can bond four hydrogens (and get methane), or double bond
with carbon, or oxygen, or nitrogen, etc. Wow!!! do you think the
variability had something to do with it? Biologic systems require many
different structures and functions to exist, funny thing, you can get
carbon to do that at the temperatures and pressures found on the earth.
Isn't this amazing!!!

Something else for you to read before you will become literate, basic
biology and chemistry texts.

David J. Froehlich Phone: 512-471-6088
Vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory Fax: 512-471-5973
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712