Re: The straw man.

Phillip Bigelow (n8010095@cc.wwu.edu)
12 Oct 1995 14:54:16 -0700

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) responded:
> Perhaps you can explain just what this "savannah theory as
>presented in the 50's and 60's" was? Provide references
>please--complete references, you know, with page numbers and
>everything? It might help if we know exactly what it is that you
>_are_ refuting.

I'll second what David Burkhead wrote. It is time to put your cards on the
table, Elaine.
Exactly WHO are these researchers that you have claimed have named the
transition from arboreal to terrestrial the "savannah theory"? There must
be a passel of them, as you infer that it is the dominant paradygm in
paleoanthropology.
Please list your journal references for these researchers, Elaine (FULL
refs. with page numbers as where the quote "savannah THERORY" is found in
the journal article). And you can be sure that some of us will most
certainly check up on your response...
<pb>