Re: AAT Theory

Phillip Bigelow (n8010095@cc.wwu.edu)
10 Oct 1995 14:46:01 -0700

hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu (H. M. Hubey) writes:

>PS. Still need an explanation of why humanoids lost fur during
>the cold nights.

Keep in mind that a hairless aquatic ape sleeping on a windy shoreline at
night is going to have the same thermo-regulation problems as a hairless
fully-terrestrial hominid at night. A fully terrestrial hominid can put on
animal skin clothing to keep warm. Since I have *no* idea what a naked,
hairless, 100-pound-or-less "aquatic ape" will do to keep warm after wading
all day, and then sleeping on the beach or sand bar at night, I'll pass on
that. Why don't you ask Ms. Morgan?
<pb>