Re: AAT Theory

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
9 Oct 1995 21:59:45 -0400

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:

>anything but an aquatic environment. And themperature regulation has
>advantages that any zoologist could list for you, advantages that
>don't require an aquatic environment to become apparent.

Cut the shit. I can teach your zoologists how to design
heat regulators, heat exchangers, air conditioners, and
any thing else. Heat regulations, allometric equations, and
dimensional analysis, and scatter plots must be the most
sophisticated things you and your friends must have ever
faced in your lifetimes.

Start behaving. If you stopped verbiage and started to
learn some real science you'd only lose your arrogance
and pompousness.

>_against_ developing temperature regulating systems. Temperature
>regulation (the key factor of warm-bloodedness) works to keep
>temperature constant against _changes_ in the external environment.
>No changes, no need for temperature regulation, no force to weed out
>those that don't have it.

Any reasons, using fundamentals of biological processes which
people like must have in abundance, for the temperature of
98.6?

Remember the lectures that people have been trying to give, about
the value of prediction? Well, Maxwell in 1865 predicted that
light was an electro-magnetic wave. That was probably the
most important event of the century.

Here's a challenge to all of you. Reach into the vast recesses
of your biological, zoological, anatomical knowledge and tell
us why this temperature and no other. And what could have
caused it? Anything to do with temperature regulation?

> "Heat loss calculations"? GIGO. Your "calculations" are no

It's too bad you learned this word GIGO and nothing else.,
Do you know the connection between those allometric equations
on mass-surface-area ratios and their relations to heat loss
calculations and dimensional analysis.

It's strange that you can use some of the results of this
kind of work without understanding where it comes from. Weren't
you the guy who was talking about elephants and other large
animals and why they have to be hairless?

> Loss of heavy fur is an important part of this. Those that had
>"thinner" fur could function in hotter parts of the day than those
>with heavier fur, leading them to be less culled by predation. The
>result would be a bias toward less fur.

And of course, the heat loss calculations are GIGO :-)..

I had you pegged right. You're a memorizer who likes to
make noise. Have you undersood anything clearly or is
this the level of your knowledge for everything you
claim that you know.

Inquiring minds want to know.

--

Regards, Mark